Utility and Design Patent Coverage
- The Happy Mat is covered by United States Patent Nos. 9,462,903 and D745,327
- The Happy Bowl is covered by United States Patent No. 9,462,903 and D767,941
- The Mini Mat is covered by United States Patent No. 9,462,903 and D745,327
- The Play Mat is covered by United States Patent No. 9,462,903
- The Snack Mat is covered by United States Patent No. 9,462,903 and D774,361
ezpz's Utility Patent issued on October 11, 2016 (United States Patent No. 9,462,903). Generally speaking, ezpz has patented a “surface contact self-sealing integrated tableware and dining mat.” In simpler terms, the protection applies to the suction feature of ezpz’s all-in-one placemat and plates / bowls, including the Happy Mat, Happy Bowl, Mini Mat, Play Mat and Snack Mat.
ezpz filed for protection internationally via the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) claiming priority as of July 17, 2014. The PCT application is published and available for inspection at Publication No. WO/2016/010585.
ezpz has filed Design Patent applications domestically and abroad for the Happy Mat, Happy Bowl, Snack Mat, Car Mat and Paw Mat.
For any questions on ezpz’s Utility and Design Patent filings / protection please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright & Trademark Coverage
Copyright protection has been established under Registration # VA 1-978-314 (effective November 10, 2015), and it protects all pictures and videos of ezpz products as well as content located on www.ezpzfun.com.
ezpz has established a comprehensive Trademark portfolio on ezpz, ezpzfun, happy mat and less mess marks domestically and abroad.
For any questions on ezpz’s Copyright and Trademark filings / protection please contact email@example.com.
ezpz’s Response to Counterfeit Product (i.e., knock-offs)
ezpz is the creator of the FIRST all-in-one placemat + plate that suctions to the surface, and we have intellectual property filed and registered throughout the world. Unfortunately, our unique quality products have caught the attention of counterfeiters worldwide. As we continue to grow, the challenge of preventing fake ezpz products increases.
ezpz works hard to maintain the highest and most rigorous standards for safety, non-toxic materials and quality. All ezpz products are made from 100% silicone that is BPA, BPS, PVC, latex and phthalate free. Our products are also third-party quality tested, specifically FDA-approved and CPSC-certified (see ‘Testing & Compliance’ below).
If you don't see the ezpz brand name, the product is sourced from another manufacturer. This manufacturer may not be compliant with regulatory requirements and may be infringing upon our intellectual property rights. Note – ezpz only sells on amazon in the U.S. (not internationally, with exception to amazon.ca).
Of course, the counterfeit issue applies to many of the products you shop for every day! Below we have provided a few tips to shop smarter:
- If possible, go DIRECT to the retailer and/or product site using http://.
- Avoid suspicious and poorly designed websites, websites that offer urgent deals (e.g., 5 units left at this price!) or deals too good to be true.
- Check out the company’s ‘about us’ and ‘contact us’ pages and/or social media links.
Our community has helped us uncover numerous counterfeiters. If you come across a site that seems fake, please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org. By fighting false products we keep our children safe and our business healthy. Thank you for your support!
Testing & Compliance
- PASS U.S. Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act 2008 Title I, Section 101 for Total Lead content in Non-surface coating materials (substrate)
- PASS CPSIA Section 108, Phthalate Content, Mouthable (DBP, BBP, DEHP, DnOP, DINP, DIDP)
- PASS FDA 21 CFR 177.2600 (for Rubber resin in contact with food)
- PASS Bisphenol-A (BPA), Bisphenol-S (BPS) and Bisphenol-F (BPF) detection
- PASS Part 1500.3(c)(6)(vi) flammability test on rigid and pliable solids
- PASS Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 with Pass Consumer Protection Notice No. 11, 2011 - Permanent ban on children's products with Diethylhexyl Phthalate (DEHP)
- PASS Physical & Mechanical Regulations (SOR/2011-17)
- PASS SOR/94-10 Marking of Imported Goods Regulations
- PASS C.R.C.c. 417 Consumer Packaging and Labeling Regulations
- PASS OR/2010-298 Phthalates Regulations & Bisphenol A (BPA) Content for Canada
- PASS French Arrête of November 25, 1992 Article 6 relating to Pass materials and objects made of silicone elastomers, intended to come into contact with food products on total, migration
- PASS French Arrête of November 25, 1992 Article 6 relating to Pass materials and objects made of silicone elastomers, intended to come into contact with food products on volatile organic matter
- PASS French Arrête of November 25, 1992 Article 6 relating to Pass materials and objects made of silicone elastomers intended to come into contact with food products on peroxides
- PASS French Arrête of November 25, 1992 Article 6 relating to Pass materials and objects made of silicone elastomers, intended to come into contact with food products of specific migration of Tin
- PASS EN14372:2004: EN14372:2004: Child Use and Care Articles – Cutlery and Feeding Utensils, Mechanical & Labeling Requirements
- PASS EN 14372 Phthalate content
- PASS EN 14372 Migration of Certain Elements
- PASS EN 14372 Volatile Compound content
- PASS EN 71-3 Migration of Certain Elements
- PASS EN71-1:2005 + A9:2009 Safety of Toys: Mechanical & Physical Properties
- PASS EN71- 2:2006 + A1:2007 Safety of Toys: Flammability
*All PASS Dishwasher, Oven and Freezer testing